Wednesday, July 30, 2014

EASY CHICKEN TACOS

I LOVE Mexican/Salvadorian food....I could eat it every day, we all could....BUT, when it is THIS easy?  Come on, stay in the comfort of your home, put on "Napoleon Dynamite" and enjoy....HERE is my recipe....


First take your chicken breasts and grill them until close to done, add salsa....MY favorite is HERDEZ, it has the best flavor....I add a good Taco Seasoning Mix...(mine is from Costco, but you can buy the packaged brands too....all made with the same basic seasonings......Let it simmer and 'marry' ( cute, right?)
Once it is cooked thoroughly, shred those chickens to the consistency that YOU like.....Some like chunky, some like fine....At this time, I might add more salsa to let it simmer......ok....I WILL, because I ADORE salsa....ON EVERYTHING!
This is the time that I get out the goodies.....Haas avocados with fresh tomato/onion mixture, BIG splash of lime......WHAT, You ask is in that white bowl with the cover?  LATER, my friends...


Take corn (or flour) tortillas and cook them on the fire until they are the 'color' you like......
Now, STUFF, it....YUM
Now to that covered bowl? THE BEST chips you will EVER eat is when you make them yourselves....Take those leftover corn tortillas, cut in strips, triangles, or whatever shape you like......put them in a small pan of oil and wait until they crisp up, salt.....HEAVEN, for CHEAP....Ok, there is the mess.....but when you are eating this delicious meal, and trust me, I add a packaged spanish/mexican rice........CLEANUP doesn't matter..... Enjoy!!  Just a note....If you want to do a LARGE batch and want some free time?  Cook the chicken with the salsa in the slow cooker for 10 or so hours and it will be ready to shred when you are....Just check periodically to see if you need to add more 'salsa/juice'....Easy Peasy.....
Love to All <3



No comments:

Post a Comment