Monday, August 18, 2014

NEW DIRECTION, Crockpot Italian Chicken

Have you ever started a recipe, followed it, until....em...just till the end and decided...NAH....I want something different?

THAT is what happened to me this Sunday....Started my Crockpot Italian Chicken.  I am not sure why, but we are starting to get tired of meat, chicken included, but I took a chance on this recipe.....Took chicken breasts,  sprinkled liberally with poultry seasoning, smothered them in a good pasta sauce (remember it was during my big renovation of the ButcherBlock Island), and added about 2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs....read somewhere that it would be good.........yeah...So this morning....after looking at it........decided to rethink that whole idea....But HOW, when I had already cooked it?.....I decided to go a WHOLE different way......

Out comes one of my favorite kitchen items, oh yes, you are right, I have many, I am a gadget person....But this one?  Sigh, can turn something of a disaster into a soup...LOLOL

NOPE, not soup, a hearty spaghetti sauce....


My HANDY DANDY Food Processor......LOVE this thing....




Adding some fresh basil and extra tomato sauce if needed.....Will toss it with pasta and add grated parmesan cheese.....

WAIT...Something GOOD is about to happen.....

Sautee your pasta in the garlic, butter and EVOO............OH heavens.....adds such another level to the flavor.....


End result? I have more then two meals ready to go....If I had bell peppers?  Which I may buy tomorrow?   Now I have three.......Pasta served with the chicken sauce....whole chicken breast over the pasta with sprinkles of parmesan....and I am sure you could think of many more uses for this simple crockpot chicken dish
ENJOY  and be brave....I know I was on this one....serving with toast and mozzarella....


Love to all.........

2 comments:

  1. Ok this is my 3rd try to comment..lol.. Remember when mom used to sauté pasta in butter, garlic and parm cheese!!
    This is a keeper Debra and I am going to make it someday when I have company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO remember Janie.....and THAT is why I thought that THIS was JUST what this dish needed...<3 Scott always says the key ingredient to any dish is LOVE......

      Delete