Monday, June 11, 2012

Introduction, Albeit a Bit Late

As I lay in bed last night, excited by the prospect of reading a myriad of books, critiquing and sharing my feelings and thoughts about them. I realized in horror, that I had forgotten something, I thought, quite important. I should introduce myself to you. My name is Debra, I am a mother, grandmother, fixer of many things and a decent housekeeper. I am not able to add "a decent cook to this" as I am not. I am a wonderful baker, but, only when prompted (Bday parties), or winter, when the passion immerses me into the kitchen cupboards to create some decadent eats. My husband has recently become a full-fledged vegetarian, bordering on vegan, so part of my creativity in the kitchen has been to learn to surprise and delight with some of my, well, made-up recipes. I have been a voracious reader for as long as I can remember. As a young child, Charlottes Web was my favorite book, I must have read it 20 times. Today, this is one book that I would long to read to the grandchildren. Realizing this is not a "one day book" I will have to have them over for a few days to accomplish this goal. My passion for books helped me to decide to write this blog. I also have a blog that I write for Travel but alas, it is not as frequent, unless you count going to the grocery store. I enjoy reading, I love to write and I felt this would be a good venue to 'have my cake and eat it too'. I will read many different types of books, will more then likely enjoy them all, and I look forward to sharing my ideas and recommendations to you. If there is a particular book that you have read and would like to share, please feel free to let me know. I have a kindle, which I adore, so getting books, has never been easier. So? Here we go..... Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment