Thursday, June 14, 2012

"The Girl Who Helped Thunder" Content or Illustration

I decided when the grandkids were down to venture out to the bookstore, this in itself could be written about in my 'travel blog'.  They LOVE books, which warms my heart and I am always willing to oblige their desire by introducing them to the 'thousands of choices'.   There is always an agreement....they get to buy what they want, IF, I can either hear about the story later, have some sort of picture drawn, or the older ones?  How bout a few sentences about this book, not too much to ask.

We were in the children's section and my eye caught a book and I mean I was pulled to this book.  "The Girl Who Helped Thunder"....this will be the next book that I review...but I had an epiphany....Unless someone says, "You must read this book" when browsing at the bookstore, in ANY section, is it the content or the illustrations that 'draws you in'.  

Immediately, I walked over, read the insert and KNEW this was a book that I must read, nothing like I have ever read before, but I knew I was meant to read it, AND although I have a Kindle,  I NEEDED this book.  Looking forward to settling down with this book and cannot wait to let you know what I think.

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment